All requests to inspect public records are pursuant to the Inspection of Public Records Act, 14-2-1 NMSA 1978. Payment must be received prior to the disclosure of documents. If the disciplinary or licensing file are at the State Records Center, which is in a different city, you will be notified that it may take up to 2 weeks to retrieve the file.
To Inspect Records
Procedure to Inspect Records
- Complete the request form and hand-deliver or mail to 6301 Indian School RD NE Suite 710, fax to (505-841-8347) or email it to the BON at Ernestine.Garcia-Si@state.nm.us
- You will be contacted by the records custodian to confirm your request and schedule an appointment to inspect the records.
- A staff member will provide you with the documents to inspect once documents are available.
- Note that it is a felony to tamper with, destroy, conceal, mutilate or remove public documents 30-26-1 NMSA 1978.
To Obtain Copies
Procedure to obtain copies
- Complete the request form and hand-deliver or mail to 6301 Indian School RD NE Suite 710, fax to (505-841-8347) or email it to the BON at Ernestine.Garcia-Si@state.nm.us.
- You will be notified of the number of copies and given an invoice for the fee. (25 cents per page)
- Submit the payment. Acceptable payment methods are: Cash if you have exact change, Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa), Money Order/Cashiers Check.
- The documents will be provided to you in the manner you requested. Note that large requests can not be emailed or faxed. They will be provided on CD disk.
If you have any questions, please contact the Custodian of Records: Ernestine Garcia-Simpson at (505) 841-9093 or Ernestine.Garcia-Si@state.nm.us